Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Don't be afraid to DeFriend

Good evening y'all,

I just recently was thinking about something I thought I'd share with you guys.  Do any of you have a "friend" on Facebook, twitter, or Instagram who always posts shit that has you shaking your head, asking yourself "What that Eff", making your blood pressure go up, or just helps sour you day?? My question.....Why do they have to be your FB friend, IG friend, or Twitter friend??

We, as society, seem that we are so caught up with public approval and having "a lot" of friends that we forget all we have to do is hit one button and DEFRIEND them.  The refreshing freedom!!!!

Now, before you all gasp with thoughts of disdain.....hink of this; Our friends (at least as i see it) are supposed to support us, bring smiles to our face, be there when we need them, be the shoulder to lean on, be the attentive ear to our grievances.  Nowhere, in the definition of friend, does it mention that it should be someone that upsets us regularly, makes us uncomfortable, or truly pisses us off more often than not.

If you find yourself subscribing or subjecting yourself to one of these so called "friends" it is very easy, actually way easier than you think.... Just defriend them.  You can still be their friend in real life.  Remember real life?? ?When people actually talk face to face, when people do not have to try to assign a "tone of voice" to texts and other emails, when people actually shake hands and smile at each other (not just put a colon, parenthetical, and a dash to make a smiling face).  Ahhh, I remember those days..... Those that have stayed with you through the thick and thin  of REAL LIFE will always be true to you and can really be considered Friends..... For all the others that choose to keep these sour face folk in order to pad your Facebook stats, validate your crazy pictures always posted, or are just there to remind you that you do not have it so bad, good luck as I've found, these types are kinda expendable......Friend-wise, of course.

If you choose to limit the crap that you are forced to read just because one of your internet "friends" posts shit and now you defriend them....Congratulations!!!! That's a step.....  Now this does not mean that you are truly NOT this persons' friend. You are just making a statement, that if you post stuff that upsets me more than lifts me up, I am making a conscious decision to NOT ALLOW that to happen.

Remember, Life is waaaaaaayyyyyy to short to be bothered with unnecessary BS.  I personally, want my scrolling, pointing, and clicking to make me smile more often than not.  Time is money, and I am not gonna waste any of my MONEY letting you influence how my day is.

Just saying.  And as always, if you do not agree.....THAT IS OK...These are...Just One Man's Thoughts.


ONE LOVE,
ANT

1 comment: